‘My wife is the arty one’: William sings Kate’s praises on youth centre visit

UK

The Prince of Wales has paid tribute to his wife’s creativity on a visit to a youth group in London.

“My wife is the arty one,” the heir to the throne said, as he decorated biscuits with a group of children at a centre in Shepherd’s Bush, west London.

The WEST centre, which stands for Where Everyone Sticks Together, was named by the youngsters who use the £12 million facility, which officially opens in April.

The future King also played pool and basketball with the children and and teenagers before joining a group working on a mental health project.

The Prince of Wales decorates biscuits during a visit to WEST, the new OnSide charity youth zone in Hammersmith and Fulham
Pic:PA
Image:
The Prince of Wales decorates biscuits during the visit. Pic: PA

The Prince of Wales during a visit to WEST, the new OnSide charity youth zone in Hammersmith and Fulham.
Pic: PA
Image:
The Prince of Wales during a visit to WEST. Pic: PA

He asked the teens: “How much time do you spend on your phone a day?” adding with a laugh, “We can all be honest about this.”

When one girl said she spends 15 a hours day on her phone, William replied: “That’s quite a lot – I bet you feel better coming here.”

William later returned to the topic as he took part in the biscuit decorating. “Grown-ups are guilty of it too,” he said. “We[‘ve] got to be better on our phones too… We spend ages on our phones.”

More from UK

His heartfelt comments about Kate come after she apologised “for any confusion” on Monday after an image of her and her three children was recalled by several major picture agencies over inconsistencies.

In a statement, Kate, 42, said: “Like many amateur photographers, I do occasionally experiment with editing.

“I wanted to express my apologies for any confusion the family photograph we shared yesterday caused.

“I hope everyone celebrating had a very happy Mother’s Day. C.”

The original image, which featured Kate surrounded by Princess Charlotte, Prince George and Prince Louis, was released to mark Mother’s Day and was taken by Prince William.

Agency Reuters issued a 'kill' notice for the image on Sunday night. Pic: Reuters
Image:
Agency Reuters issued a ‘kill’ notice for the image on Sunday night. Pic: Reuters

Kensington Palace has said it will not be issuing the original photo.

The controversy came amid speculation about Kate’s health, which has swirled online since she spent a brief period in hospital for a planned operation in January.

The Princess of Wales has not been seen at a public engagement since she joined other members of the Royal Family for a walk on Christmas Day, though US celebrity news site TMZ did publish a photo of her on 4 March.

Details of her condition have not been disclosed but Kensington Palace previously said it was not cancer-related and that Kate wished her personal medical information to remain private.

At the time of her operation, Sky News understood that Kate’s recuperation would likely take between two and three months.

Articles You May Like

Parents pay tribute to ‘happy-go-lucky’ son killed in crash while riding toy scooter
Creating fake sexual images of another person to become a criminal offence
Being Jewish should never be a provocation, Home Office says – as police apologise after threat to arrest campaigner
With the market oversold, we’re buying a geopolitical hedge and an unfairly punished beer stock
Kia EV9 owners can now get in the game with custom interiors for their favorite NBA team